45.25483399593905^2

Image result for 2048


The game that has been and always will be: 2048. Basically, you slide around powers of two into each other to make bigger numbers. You match a block with a block of the same number, and the goal is to get a block with 2048, although you can go higher. Because of its seemingly simple nature and its premise being only "get the big number," it is highly addictive. However, there is a lot of strategy to the game. Actually there's like 2 things you need to remember. First, keep the block with the largest number in the corner. Second, make sure big blocks of the same number don't end up on opposite sides of the biggest block, i.e. having a 128 over a 256 over another 128. Otherwise, you need to get the numbers as big as you can.



So why the heck am I writing about this? I wanted to think about nostalgia on this last media blog. While 2048 is indeed an interesting game that keeps me addicted once I get into it, it is nostalgia that got me to get back on yesterday. This is the same with many other forms of media, especially games.While nostalgia is thought by many to be the only thing keeping fans of certain franchises going, this isn't really the case. It gets people hooked again. I for one, probably wouldn't have started playing Minecraft again had I not remembered the experiences I had as a little kid playing it. I play it because I know it can provide those experiences, and I chase those experiences again whenever I play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hope this relates to the video.

Spikeball because why not

Why is Minecraft Back on the Rise?